Sunday, October 3, 2010

III

Simple ways to go from ordinary to a Better You-
  1. Get a Good Hair Cut: Know your facial structure, study it, well! Your hair, eyebrows included and (mustache & beard for the gents) makes a huge difference depending on how you style it, shape it, etc.
  2. Good Hygiene: No one wants a funky friend- Additionally, washing your face at night and brushing your teeth makes a huge difference.
  3. Eue de Perfume: Get a good perfume or cologne, that little extra scent makes a difference- Personally, I'm not a fan of gents that wear overpowering scents , there's something about someone and their natural body odor (after a shower of course)- but a little "umf" wouldn't hurt
  4. Make-up: Girls, don't get me wrong , I admire the whole , au natural look, but a little extra to accentuate your natural beautiful features wouldn't hurt, and it'll probably take a good 5 minutes out of your time every morning. Buy a good mascara, a little blush and natural tinted gloss- and you'll be good.
  5. Dress well: Study your body, your shape and know what works and what doesn't work for you. Things that fit well makes a difference. Also, not every store works for every body, just because its a trend DOESNT mean you have to buy it, something that looks good on someone else might not look good on YOU.
  6. A nice Watch: Is it only me? or does a watch make a huge difference in an outfit? Everyone needs to have time, although I believe its an external inorganic being that we've become obedient to, but hey lets follow society and have it stuck on our wrist anyways, it looks GOOD.
  7. Work-out, Exercise: okay so I might need to remind myself this more often than I should, but walking everywhere, getting a good run and cardio at least once a week, is a must. Gents, no girl wants a guy with a gut, nor am I chasing the guy with a six pack, however stay in shape, and look healthy, and cut back from the beer.. Please.
  8. Smile! you're on candid camera: (no) But smile everywhere, have a positive aura, feel good about yourself- even if you just got fired or failed a mid-term, Everything will work out just fine. Look at the bigger picture, always. This will lead to confidence, and no one will bring you down.
  9. Treat yourself: If its a good dinner or a nice new blouse- get something new and different weekly or biweekly. It'll give you something to look forward to and motivate you to do well throughout work, school, or whatever you do.
  10. Eat well: Please Please PAH- LEASE cut back from junk foods. McDs Burger King Wendy's whatever are Toxic! just think of them as poisons that'll be activated in 5 years and clog your arteries. You don't have to eat all organic, but know what you're eating, and understand what you're ingesting. This is your body, treat it well.
  11. A Good Read: Okay, I know, not everyones much of a book worm, as I've gradually grown to become, but read, articulate and broaden your pool of vocabulary.

Singer and Novelist Marsha Hunt



Tinashe- Zambezi



Andreya Triana- A Town Called Obsolete


Pop's fresh too.


Coffee/cooler - yum
Check more good foods, sweets, and drinks here


Joseph Gordon knows how to dress.
Afro-Modern

For the Gents. Check more from Street Etiquette here.



Hyper Realist Artist Ron Mueck at Brooklyn Museum.




My daily uniform. Jeans and a Hoody.



The Xx- Heart Skipped a Beat

This is Absolutely enchanting. The observation of two strangers and the power of pure lust.

Kate Moss

I think I need to reposition my desk to my window. This looks so invigorating. Nothings a better distraction from work than admiring nature from your window.


Gents, I hope you own a good pair of Oxfords- Pretty fresh.


John Legend & The Roots ft. Common & Melanie Fiona- "Wake Up"


James Blake- Limit to your love (Cover)

Original is by Fiest



Nixon Watches: The Newton

The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

(Speechless)



J. Cole- Warm-up & Simba



Waka Flocka- No Hands ft. Wale & Roscoe Dash
(Minus the Hoodrats, this is actually catchy- i'll admit)

Shoes & Watch.





Miike Snow- Animal

Chill and Laid back.

Classical Music. Love. Notice the Chanel logo in the back, This particular orchestra was playing during the Chanel Fall Fashion Show 2010.




Shoes , Love Love Love

Dope. Artist/Painter Francoise Nielly

Legit. Sabre Sunglasses


I want.
Vintage antique 1900's Victorian Edwardian leather lace up military steampunk boots



One of my other favorite hobbies, Arabic Calligraphy!

I'm all about Chanel Femme Eue De Perfume






The Whitest Boy Alive- "Fireworks"





Pluto was Always my favorite Disney Character, Mickey thought he ran things, screw him.




Vogue April 1, 1967

and So What if I Love the Kardashians, So What. Judge.


She's my Ultra Ego.
I Love Henna.




Ratatat- "Gettysburg"

Plad and neutrals or black = story of my life.



Bianca Jagger was one Hot Woman.



Something about a guy and a fitted blazer, not too tight, but fits .. Right.



Alpa 12 TC


Sia- "Soon We'll Be Found"



Jean Seberg







Snow White's my favorite Princess.







Stephen Colbert is My homeboy.





Eff the fact that they're men sneaks, These Star Wars Sneaks are , again, legit!



"Runaway" by Yeah Yeah Yeah's
I've been questing for a legit new camera, I'm getting a tad bored with my sony alpha 300 and considering buying something new. I'm like the footage from the Canon EOS 550d from this video. hm Maybe?
















No comments:

Post a Comment