Monday, July 19, 2010

Visual Poetry

I found it! The collaboration of two hobbies I’ve grown passion for; Poetry and Photography. As I was running my weekly Friday afternoon Costco errand for the family, my peripheral vision caught the cover of a book titled “Visual Poetry”. Intriguing. I automatically thought of a photo that tells a story. I grabbed the book and skimmed through the units, chapters, photos, etc. I fell in love, unfortunately I haven’t purchased it, and looking back I regret it, but the 10 minutes I took to read through it definitely gave me enough convincing to recommend it to whoever is into photography and want to work on mastering their skills. Even though my way of learning how to build up on my skills, in anything, is through trial and error and learning on your own, this book (or any of the matter) can be used as the catalyst that’ll help you learn from other people's vision and perspective. So next Friday, I’m definitely purchasing it. Check out Chris Orwig, an Author, Professional photographer of course, and Professor who put all the major things you’ll need to know about photography into this book.

Below is a video all about the book. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment